Friday, May 11, 2007

so this post is completely random and i doubt it has a meaning..
first of all today was my last day at my clinical - 10 weeks, DONE! POOF, and im done. im one more step closer to being a physical therapist. i definitely met alot of interesting characters..
people who stick one concept like this patient who i taught to walk
"walker, surgical leg and the other leg". the person would say "walker first?" ... yes mam, the walker goes first. the person says "ok walker first."
moves the walker - "then what?" ok now move the surgical leg.. "ok surgical leg now" . yes mam surgical leg. the person says "ok surgical leg". moves surgical leg.. the person says "then what?"
ok now move the other leg. "ok so now the other leg right?" .. yes mam the other leg moves now. "the person says OK NOW WHAT".
SO I DID THIS CONVERSATION 125 TIMES FOR 125 FEET. WHO WOULDA THOUGHT I WAS THIS PATIENT.
OR like people me: "do not lean backwards" ... pt: "well i am not leaning forward". me:"ok,but just dont lean backward". pt:"i will not lean forward". me:"sir i am telling you to not lean backward... its ok if u dont want to lean forward". pt:"i dont want to lean backward"... and battle continues
OR people who love to make excuses like "oh i just came back from a walk". me: i just spoke to your nurse, i dont think you went for a walk". pt: "what do they know". me:"well sir, i dont think the nurse would miss a WHOLE person walking.... and THIS IS COMING FROM A PATIENT WHO HAS NEVER GOTTEN OUT OF BED. creative eh??
then there's the EXTREMELY RUDE ONES.. which i wont bother mention.... regardless of all the different random personalities but its not always fun and games..
sadly, at the hospital the worse thing that can happen is not a delayed discharge but an early one towards death. i have seen many of my patients, up and walking one day and well in the ICU the next. makes you really happy for what you have now...
i know i know.. all sappy and stuff, but it is the truth. BUT steering away from that, cause thats everyday life and i cant dwell on it cause if i do, i cant do my job objectively. when people dont do their jobs objectively, slip ups like the virginia tech massacre happen.

regardless, IM DONE WITH MY 10 WEEKS. on another more lighter note, I had the most bizzarre dream i have ever had and sorry if this sounds all too girly and sort of along the lines of "omg like this happpened" (in a very annoying blonde tone).
so get this.. in my dream i was in a classroom, located in india (all my dreams are located in india for some odd reason) but the teacher was my teacher from grad school here. suddently my classmate, again one from when i went to school in india.. she starts giving my teacher a lapdance. OH YES, i said it.. a lapdance. suddenly the scene shifts to one of my friends (again one from india) bringing around a limo and my friends (from undergrad in chicago) and i get in. weird eh? mixing of the two worlds in my dream.. but whatever - so we all get in the limo and go to this club. we're all sitting at this weird round table and this one chick comes up and asks me WHY I DIDNT FINISH MY FOOD AND GETS UP ALL IN MY GRILL. so im trying to tell her to back off and with my temper that coulda gotten ugly - then the guy sitting next to me, who was my friend freshman year of college (5 years ago) says to me "hey u handeled that really well.. " and all of a sudden there's a close up in my dream and we're about to kiss. next thing i know we're making out in the bathroom.. then we come out and get in the limo

HOLD THE PHONE HERE PEOPLE -- FIRST OF ALL.. i have seen or talked or heard form this guy in close to 4 years. i dont make out with random ppl in public bathrooms at a bar/club and normally i woulda punched that girl for getting up all in my business. ok ok fine, punch woulda come a little later, but i sure woulda gotten out of my seat and showed her up.
DID I MENTION HOW WEIRDLY RANDOM THAT DREAM WAS??? almost makes me want to contact that old guy friend cause dude that kiss felt GOOOOD IN MY DREAM ;) hehehe

i did say this post would be random.. and well it was.

4 comments:

Nadim said...

i think u shud try n see if tht dream might come true... pick up ur friends n goto a strip bar... and wait for the guy to kiss. if he did and it wasnt as good as it was in the dream (which is most probable. we r at our best in dreams, either urs or ours), leave him there, take a lap dance and come out.
see, i know how to make ppl's dreams come true (to the nearest degree at least)!

Nadim said...

n btw, do u goto NIU? i was there for the grad ceremony today. i thght u mentioned once abt gng to niu

Aditi said...

lolz @ nadim

quite a random dream...
hmm else i got nothing

Rani said...

@nadim: hahaha i have been to a strip club before with a bunch of guys.. and HELL NAW i wouldnt let one of those guys/girls come near me. forget a kiss, i wouldnt even do a lapdance. thats a disease fest, and even a close encounter might leave me with something ...
hahaha well u do have a wonderful gift of making people's dream come true.

and i did go to niu for my undergrad =) cool, u like the campus?

@aditi: it was a quite random dream ofcourse.