Tuesday, October 23, 2007

solution

thank you everyone for ure HONEST input. honesty is basically the best policy in situations like such.
i was at a major shock when i did first hear and realize the depth of this situation. obviously i have given much much thought to it, and weighed in ure comments and thoughts, my friends who have observed us together and apart, and most importantly my feelings.

first i mostly wanna say thanks aditi - for standing by me for any decision i make. that means alot. i htink i was looking for verification mostly from YOU just in case i make a decision to give him a chance and go back to him. obviously ure approval and such means alot to me.

next i wanna thank vik for being very honest and very helpful and mostly rational. and checking up to see if i was ok =). this is one topic that drives alot of passion from those people that have burned before. if this was another person experiencing ths, i woulda said the same thing keshi said. thanks guys, its very important to sometimes just be the strong person and say HMM I DONT THINK SO. once a cheater, always a cheater is something ive believed strongly. its not only true for men, but also for women. thanks trinnie.. yes when u are under tha magical spell of love - things just happen to be different. thank you for ure rational comment as well...


i did weigh in all the BAD and all the good that was between us. i however, do not weigh in any of the religious problems between us while making this decision. i think the biggest thing is trying to make it work between us, cause yes that is a problem but not a problem in my decision. i believe that A PERSON IS GOOD, PPL ARE BAD.
so i will never generalize and say muslims this and that... being muslim is just a part of him, not all of him.

so whats my decision... lol i know ure dying to know.
here it goes:

i told him you cant just waltz back in my life and expect us to pick up where we left off. you made alot of mistakes, big mistakes that left me hurt alot. i was broken and i picked up the pieces of my heart that you broke. my friends and famliy helped me, but u didnt once think about me and my feelings when u make selfish decisions. i partly understand why u had to make those decisions, because if my dying dad asked me to marry someone - i dont know what i woulda done ... i dont know if i coulda disappointed my dad by saying no, its my life.
but, i also told him that i couldnt just plunge into something because i DO NOT TRUST HIM.
i also said that we could just be DISTANT friends like we are right now and keep it at that. i am not ready to have extra drama, extra baggage and extra anything. most of all that he cant just waltz in here expecting me to commit just cause im not dating anyone when he's made very selfish decisions.

i did say if he wishes he can try and earn my trust back, but that doesnt mean that i'll give him a chance. it also didnt mean that i'll wait for him or that i wont date anyone. i said it was my time to be selfish and my time to do whatever i wanted.
______________

it is pretty easy to give advice to someone on what the RIGHT thing to do is, because when watching from the outside in, the RIGHT thing is apparant. its obvious and its right there smacking in u in the face and u feel like that omg, how could u not see it. although, its very very very difficult being the person making that decision. it was hard for me not cause i cant live without him, its not that i wont be able to fall in love again or i wont find someone else or any of that stuff.

its that i can live without him, been doing it for over a year. i am happy with being single. i REALLY am. i am content in my life and its actually nice to not have drama. its that i wanted to live WITH HIM for soooooo long, that all those memories came back and that little hope of my dreams coming true came back as well. its that i am happy without him around and content, that when i was with him I WAS ALWAYS ECSTATIC. its that i wasnt just content, i was more than that.

yes i did make my decisions to inherently protect my self from getting hurt again and protect my self from him fucking up again and further hurting me. although, sometimes you cant just make decisions with ure BRAIN. so i left an open window for him to try make it up to me - to make sure i dont close anything. just in case. im a person who always hangs on WHAT IF'S.
i want to make sure i leave this open because two/three years down the road i dont want to sit here and wonder, what if. because that will stop me from liking someone else.

i also think whatever happens, happens for a reason. may be this is a test of my belief's... may be this is to show me how wrong he is, or how right he is. may be this is to let me know MOVE ON, or stay - i dont know... but in time we'll know. i also think that if two people are meant to be, they'll be together somehow .. someway.
so im gonna leave it as us being DISTANT friends.... i wont put my self in a situation where the direct result is GETTING HURT. if we're really meant to be together -- then u know what we may be or better yet may be i'll FIND SOMEONE EVEN MORE WONDERFUL AND BETTER ..... who knows.

so for now..... distant friends and thats it. oh yea what you mean by distant friends. it basically means that we speak to each other once or twice every season via email or something. calls are only made if ure dying or i guess having another annulment (bad joke .. hahha). oh and personal meetings are only when mutual friends invite us both to a b'day party or something like that. even then we barely speak to each other. just a quick clarification...

thank you SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH for ure honest opinions. i really do appreciate it.

10 comments:

Vik Rajagopalan said...

YAHOO!! what a response in Yellow. I am glad you were all up for the sword fight with him and I am glad we helped you in a small way. I don't blame you for what you wrote in Pink. Darn our memories, we just so extrapolate the present and take our lives into the future and thinking everything is going to be fine. I was bitten thinking the same and I had bad memories for 4 years and I don't blame anyone but myself for that but the scars remain is all I feel. I am so glad you stood up for yourself in this count and came out free. I like the last paragraph and the third paragraph LMAO. You and I have gone so docile now. Funny.

But I will go further more to beat the dead horse, by saying that it is different being a Muslim coz the law in their region is so skewed. If you thought it is not within him, bigger mistake. Knowing you, you would have had such a difficult time in a Muslim family !

P.S For a moment, I thought you were thanking people for an oscars or an academy awards LOL

Rani said...

@vik: thanks. memories do suck, but i guess they are there for a reason. to remind of the good and remind us hmmm DANGER ZONE, stay away.
i wouldnt blame it all on u. thank you, sometimes you have to stand up for ure self. DOCILE? hahhahaha shush now.

lol thats the last time i thank u. SHOOT. a woman wanna try do some good and try right by ppl and u be all up in my grill shitttt...

Vik Rajagopalan said...

Aaahhh.. I feel so cold and have problems breathing after I saw what you wrote in the second paragraph. Is this what you call the "Morbid Fear" LOL

Keshi said...

I think u did well hun...Im so very proud of ya! Im not saying this cos u took my advice or for anything else like that...I'm saying this cos I u made ur own decision and u made a very wise one. And I believe with or without our help, u wud hv made that decision anyways..cos ur a sensible, level-headed and independant girl.


**. may be this is a test of my belief's

I think so too. Cos often we r so good with words but not in action. So when something like this happens, it really does test our beliefs...and Im glad u stood by ur's. HUGGGGGGGGGGGGZ!


And I agree..it's nothing to do with his race or color. It's to do with his character and deeds.


I wish u well and I hope u find a Knight in Shining armour real soon ;-)


Keshi.

Aditi said...

hmmm

Keshi said...

Reading Vik's comment, I hv to agree on one thing abt Muslims there:

**But I will go further more to beat the dead horse, by saying that it is different being a Muslim coz the law in their region is so skewed

thats true. It's not anything against muslims, but they r like that. They hv pretty conservative rules when it comes to women etc...and the men can marry so many times etc etc. So yeah, u wudnt hv fitted with their culture...just a thought only. Not being racist.


Keshi.

Rani said...

@vik: morbid fear... eh? i'll show u morbid fear. if i were u, i'd sleep with one eye open, never know when my ninja's will attack u. hahaha

@keshi: thanks, yea its pretty much to do with character and deeds. very true. haha i can be pretty irrational at times ;)..

hmm yea muslims IN GENERAL are conservative and blah blah. i always believe that PEOPLE ARE BAD, PERSON IS GOOD. yea, i do agree. they are conservative and many muslims i know dont respect women as MUCH or have a double standard and etc. although, i know for a fact that both my ex's valued women rights and treated women very equally. i guess that was a big thing that attracted me to them in the first place.

but ure right, fitting in the family that is muslim - VERY DIFFICULT, although that was cause i wasnt muslim. the women in both my ex's family were VERY STRONG and independent. they all have strong careers as engineers or doctors and all work and earn a living and manage a family and kids.

lol - MOST men, in whatever religion wont do that.
i just can never generalize because i have met several exceptions to the rule and i myself am an exception soo... and i totally know ure not being a racist. =)..

Rani said...

lol aditi u get no response for saying hmmmmm

abhartiya said...

wow, so much has happened in ur life it seems..just read the last post and this one..and am like hmmm....

frankly speaking, i dont know how to react to all of this..but yeah to put it out here...i just liked the way u thought and went bout it :) if i were u, even though am a guy, it'd been a lot difficult to do anythin like this...but then, yeah a prudent decision by you! i like it..

:D

Kay Vee said...

:)

im glad for you! love and romantic relationships are the strangest things. when we end up getting hurt, our family and friends bounce us back. when they broken thread of love shows signs of rejoining, we become a bit ecstatic and muddled up in thinking, longing to get back. if such a thing ever happens to me, ill first think of myself and what my closest people wish for me. coz love is one area where we let torment pass of as "in the name of love..." one should love oneself, not let others hurt u!

take care! :)