Sunday, October 14, 2007

me time...

hmm ever feel like in this crazy schedule that we have, none of us get me time???
i mean even on a day off, those of us that are still in school, have homework, projects blah blah to do. for those that are still in school or working - there's always ERRANDS to run, laundry to do, cleaning the room - bathroom - kitchen - something always needs to be cleaned, bank, checks, payments -- if none of this - then the moron you finds the need to schedule time with friends. this involves entertaining, therefore more cleaning and definitely cooking and smashing all of the above in a smaller time frame to have a "fun" time later.

hahaha, ends up being WAY more hectic than you imagined and there it is, sunday night. your weekend flew by, you barely got any rest or got time to relax. you actually did more work than you would on a regular weekday and now you're more exhausted than you were on friday after work. AND WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOOK FORWARD TO TOMORROW??

MORE WORK.


AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

lol it helps i promise. hahahaha.. so i ask you when was the last time you took out ME TIME. i mean serious ME TIME. take a long ass bath, or spend the day sleeping or giving ure self a nice mani/pedi, or read for all u people that like to waste all that eye energy. OH thats right, I WENT THERE. i hate reading.
whatever it is that you like to do for ME time --> when was the last time you got to do it??

as for me? the last time i took a bath was ages ago, last time i gave me a mani/pedi was seriously over 3 months ago, last time i spend a whole day sleeping was 6 weeks ago. last time i drew or did any art was 6 years ago (sad eh?). i used to draw all the time, it was my relaxing thing to do.

my life is soo bad right now, that even when i watch tv im doing busy work for school like polishing up a project, proof reading something, fixing my presentation etc.

TAKE SOME ME TIME before you're too burned out. its easy to get lost in a routine and not think about YOU AN YOUR SANITY.

14 comments:

Ash said...

Wow - its nice to hear you draw. Mind sharing your art with us ??

Kay Vee said...

yeah, i second ash! scan ur drawings or take a snap and put it up here! :D

i am done with my exams and i hav loads of ME time. but im scared of holidays now... i dunno why but the moment i choose to relax i feel im wasting away, wasting time that cud be put for something constructive! :(

i miss those days when i was in school and even a 2 month vacation in the summers seemed so less a time. i used to cherish those two months of bliss, wait for them...now i feel like running away from vacations or ME TIME! strange!

but work is good! gives a kind of satisfaction that doesn't come from other things!

Keshi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Keshi said...

ty for reminding me Choco cos I just came here and commented that this was the same post as ur earlier one??? And I suddenly realised it wasnt...hence the deleted comment above!

**its easy to get lost in a routine and not think about YOU AN YOUR SANITY.


I must be losing it! its time I get a break.


Keshi.

Aditi said...

uff i am so exhausted today i thoroughly second that

Keshi said...

chco u mite wanna contribute to my current post. yes again LOL!

Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty for dropping by..u rock!

Keshi.

Rani said...

@ash: omg, i havent drawn anything in almost 5-6 years. last time i drew i was 17.. but i'll find some of old work and scan it. although might take some time with school work and all.

@trinnie: u have lots of ME time?? enjoy it man. hmm yes it could be possible that ME time could turn into LAZY time, but im sure if u find a good balance, where every couple of days you take a day off, u'll be good. that way u can be busy and relax in ure vacation.
dont be afraid of ME TIME.. embrace it. hahaha..

@Keshi: haha, may be u are loosing it. perhaps some ME TIME is in order??

@aditi: hmmm well soon enough u'll have some free time. with me around i doubt u'll have U TIME. hahahaha.. evil sibling speaking here.

@keshi: sorry, i havent been a regular reader. although, im soo glad you drop a comment, reminding me i have a blog. =) and u dont have to thank me... i love visiting ure blog.

Keshi said...

ur absolutely right...some ME TIME is in great demand :)

I want u to read most of my posts cos I love ur comments...they always make good sense. ty Choco!

Now Im off to dance naked in the kitchen. LOL Im kidding. nah wait, should I be? ***rolls eyes***


Keshi.

Aditi said...

nope till your exams end i will have some peaceful bliss.. me and my books.. i cant wait to hit the library again

Vik Rajagopalan said...

Oh cant help but feel sorry for being held in a tight spot. I am like the lion in the jungle. Typically the lion in the jungle is usually lazing around and taking it easy watching the lioness or the tigeress with that famed expression - love. Then the lion gets the food and it continues from where it left - watch them again.

This is exactly how I am these days =) take no stress times these I think and I think every other "lioness" feel so glad when I talk to them ... LOL

Rani said...

@keshi: aww thanks. lol dancing naked... that could be ME TIME and relaxing. hahaha.. well unless u have an audience.

@aditi: i have only 2 finals sista!! how many books can u really read in that 1.5 days... hahahahahahahaha (evil laugh)

@vik: a lion eh??? i like that analogy, although it quite doesnt work for a woman - cause she'd be the lioness DOING ALL THE HUNTING. so i guess no ME TIME for her. hehehe..

well ooo vik's getting some number's ... getting some dates... oooooo!!! hehehe..

Vik Rajagopalan said...

LOL, I just don't know why I wrote that. Just went with the flow and I am glad you had the funny bone to enjoy the humor.

However, I would like to make a dedication to you. The crux is about a song "praising" me..

[What do you expect from a narcissist anyway !!]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyjq9RJ-_yM

[Lyric, In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight =))]

Rani said...

@vik: omg.. thats soooooo cute. im not sure about "praising" you thing.. but its super cute. the little dogs dance is adorable