Sunday, June 17, 2007

the inner child

i am very anal retentive about my notes, i dont know why - but i just am. i DO NOT highlight in my textbooks, i DO NOT write in my text books, i DO NOT underline with a pen or any dark objects, no not even a pencil. i find it grotesque. i mean so i think its important now, and i need to study it.. but when i return 10 years from now to look up something, im gonna find a pink, yellow and blue book with highlighter marks and pen scribbles all over. EWWWW

i take notes on the side on loose leaf paper, and sadly im anal about that too. hahahha, i do highlight my notes and write in different color pens ( i love doing that by the way)... i cant however start writing in black and all of a sudden switch to a blue ink cause my black ink ran out. i usually finish a page in one ink or change ink colors ONLY if i cant find highlighters and there's something important that i need to stand out. i have rules about my notes tooo - yes i know im pathetic, but hey - i hang on to whatever compulsiveness i can.

so last summer i let my friend borrow my anatmy notecards and i told him how anal i was, so he'd be careful. WELL being a guy, he OBVIOUSLY wasnt listening... and he highlighted in couple of my notecards and wrote in some :(. when he returned them back to me this summer, oy. you shoulda seen my face, it was like someone just stompped on my toe. do you know that sharp shooting pain when you stub your toe into something or something big and blunt falls on your toes?? that annoying ache ... that just leaves you speechless and IRRITATED and you make that "omg im gonna die" face..
yes thats the face i had, and thats the pain i felt..

so clearly he saw that and well since he's an awesome friend he bought me a whole new set of anatomy cards and this ended up being the new edition too. obviously i still kept whinning cause i was lost in this new edition, since the author rearranged one or two things (annoying). so another friend of mine took me shopping for PENS. now ure thinking .. pens??? how is that satisfying, how that take away the irritation and aggravation?... may be clothes or jewelry or accessories like purses and shoes might be more THERAPEUTIC per say...

but.. actually - i love pens. i doooo.... i love different colored pens and highlighters. i always aim to make note taking more fun, ive been doing it since well 1st grade... its been 14 years note taking and as we all know in india we werent allowed to use fun colored pens, so now its my mission to make notes fun. its not like i can stop taking them, so i might as well make it colorful. hahaha.. and pens have always been my passion. add stickers and colorpencils to the list, geez uve made my day, better yet week.

hahha.. that is the inner child in me, whether it is that im stuck in my "its got to be my way" rules of anal note taking or the fact that colorpencils, pens and stickers make my day.
so whats ure inner child??

8 comments:

Keshi said...

i dun even hv to find my inner child..thats cos im a child 24/7 LOL!

Keshi.

Aditi said...

haha did u forget the smiley obsession?
neway...yea i am kinda like that too for the life of me i cannot bring myself to write or highlight or even do anythig to a page in my text book... my note book i dont use highlighters.. never really caught on to that but i might write in bold or underline if i have to...

my inner child.. well ahem.. one part u know .. its my fascination with ..

Ash said...

Pooja, I LOVE this post. Getting to see a childlike side to you. Lovely! Never lose that inner child.

Oh, and I thought everyone in US took notes on their laptop!

Kay Vee said...

POOJA! thats me! i am as anal retentive and yeah wen u said being anal retentive abt the notes u take on a loose leaf i was like "yay, theres someone else like me!"
coz my friends are so fed up of my orderliness and being particular.

imagine we have a project deadline at 2 pm and we are sitting at 11 in the morning typing the stuff out. one of them dictates and I'm typing and we are all in grave tension. my friend pauses to form a sentence and i immediately jump at the opportunity to correct any spelling mistake that i made while typing fast, to add punctuation or just format and keep on reformatting the damn thing!

lol! my friends call me 'obsessed'!

but i think its great fun. but also a lil sad to be at the mercy of this orderliness! :P

Rani said...

@keshi: hehehe.. neither do i. im pretty goofy and "bubbly" as my sister calls it. =)

@aditi: first of all.. lol the smiley obsession just came from me saying "oh i like smilie face stuff - its cute" and BLAST 2 years later everything in my room was smilie face. weird how that worked out hahaha...
secondly, no idea what ure doing about -- i dont know what ure obsession is. hahaha

@ash: hehe thank you. and oh lord, ive been in school here since 1999, and well ive seen 2 or 3 ppl taking notes with laptops that too in college. its really not common at all, and its a bigger hassel to do that than just writing it down on a piece of paper.

@trinnie: hahahaha.... well im glad ure like that too =). oh yes i know the pressure of "cutting it close". but I NEVER CUT IT THAT CLOSE, im soo anal retentive, i have to have the project done and over with the night before its due and i print it out and proof read it the day off... and make changes if needed.

Aditi said...

look up at the wallpaper in your room.. my room.. our room...and u will know what i am obsessed abt

--Sunrise-- said...

Damn you are one ORGANISED chick!! :P

Rani said...

@aditi: oh lol, minor relapse in memory.. hehehehe

@sunrise.. i try. although if you looked at my room, u would think otherwise. hehe