Thursday, June 7, 2007

if its not broke.. dont fix it

hmm if its not broke... dont fix it. interesting phrase and applies to soo many facets of life. for example - my lovely lovely digital camera, been my life for about 2 years i think and things were just MORE COLORFUL and VIBRANT after that. i remember the first day i took a picture of me and well i didnt like it, i could just delete and take another one.. and another one.. and another one and my did i loook good after the 45th shot. hahaha
so as me and my precious were having fun one fine sunny day, i figured hmm i wonder what this does.. and i pressed it by mistake. i wanted to take it back and i guess u cant undo it. so i "set it to default". then everything turned DARK and i mean literally. my LCD screen was black and all the pictures came out black too. i had taken pictures in a dark bar before and they had turned out phenominal. i couldnt shoot a video of my daddy snoring while watching TV with the room light on.
i was soo disappointed. i tried to ask my dear sister, who owns the same camera - nothing. i asked my brother.. nothing. then i tried to take pictures of the rose i recently planted. it was sunny out, but yet my picture was pitch black.
scared i ran to my tech genius friend, he was busy :(. so i sat there for 2 hours manipulating each button. the nerd that i am, i recorded the difference it made in the picture quality every time i changed something... finaly i figured out the problem and fixed it.
SO ... lesson learned.. if it aint broke -- dont fix it.

which also brings me to the other side of this if its not broke dont fix it thing. so me and a friend we've been trying to catch up lately... doing fine. having a good time talking here and there and MY DUMBASS BRINGS BACK THE PAST AND TRIES TO CLEAR EVERYTHING. quick recap... i was friends with this guy since sophomore year of college and well we grew apart my senior year and kinda stopped talking after graduation. so like i said my dumbass tries to bring up the past and clear things - why?? dont f'in ask me.. everything was going just fine and we were catching up and having a good time. i just thought that if the past was cleared too, we could really move on and be good friends again. IT BLOWS UP IN MY FACE... he blames me for telling his girlfriend he cheated on her. well they both were my friend, i actually knew her a little before i knew him. they started dating a year after i was friends with both of them.. but come on. id want someone to tell me if my bf was cheating on me. this is why we kinda grew apart.. and it blew up in my face again. i figured it had been almost 3 years... he'd be over it, especially since we were doing so well again.
NOPE..

so lesson learned.. IF IT AINT BROKE... DONT FIX IT!!!!

6 comments:

Aditi said...

ahh hunny u and me are learning a lotta lessons when it comes to relationships lately..
for isntance who knew that me doing everything i can to keep a ffriendship afloat would be the VERY reason it ends...
sad aint it.. but such is life

Kay Vee said...

**id want someone to tell me if my bf was cheating on me.

i think u were doing the right thing! and i wud want the same thing...

sometimes we r stuck in catch 22 situations and believe me, if you hadn't told ur friend that her bf was cheating on her, she wudve been angry that u didnt tell her in spite of knowing!

**my did i loook good after the 45th shot. hahaha

LOL! ditto! though im never satisfied with any number of shots of mine. i can always find some mistake or the other in my pics! :P

Ash said...

So true!

Ash said...

And what about your digicam?

Rani said...

@aditi: oh i learned that lesson too.. haha i was soooo busy trying soo hard to save a friendship with someone -- the day i took a step back - i realized i was trying to rejuvinate something that was already dead. pretty weird huh?

@trinnie: yea it was a weird catch 22.. but i had to do what i felt right. i dont regret it -
and hahaha.. no im serious about that though, i do take ALOT of pictures. hahaha

@ash: i did fix the digicam eventually, it works now. THANK GOD.

Ash said...

Oh, thats good. Thank God :-)