Monday, June 25, 2007

an eye for an eye...

ok so my internet at home hasnt been working since thursday morning. BOOOO.. we finally got it to work on sunday night after i fought with AT&T for 30 minutes. phew...

but events the preceeded the internet saga were even more interesting. leaving work an old friend calls me to hang out and obviously i jumped on the opportunity. we went to pets smart and played with the kittens and puppies (i wanted to that the little tabby kitten home with me and that yorkie puppy was the cutessttt). but since im not allowed pets at home, i settle with whatever "fun" i can get at petsmart (local pet store where adoptions centers drop off their pets incase ppl wanna adopt).
coming back we decided we'd take a long walk in the prarie path behind. as usual, bee's were pissing me off. i slapped one out of the way. have you ever touched a bee??? ITS SOOO GROSS. they are actually fuzzy. EWWWWWWWWWWWWW
we got off the path after that (grosssssss). then i dont know why, my eye was itchy. so naturally i scratched it and kept scratching it and scratching it and scratching it. it i thought it was just an "itch" that wasnt going away. thinking nothing of it, we went back to the car and drove to get some slurpee's. i stayed in the car cause my eye was pissing me off.
minutes later my friend returns with the slurpees and had this omg are u ok look. i turned around with a annoyed face, so he pulled down the car mirror. lol i scared my self. after all this scratching - my whole eye was RED. when i mean whole eye was red, i mean the whole white part of my eye - had changed colors and was now red. the little pink corner of ure eye all the way on the inside by the nose -- it was swollen into a balloon. i looked like a zombie or well a crack addict high on meth while pumping heroine thru the jugular. it was creepy when i looked at my own eye.
we both suspected that i scratched my cornea and or something even worse (uh ohhhhh).

so we drove to the local walgreens and picked up some eye irrigation fluid and visine for red and itchy eyes. i sat in my friends car with as he irrigated my eye in his car. we emptied two bottles of irrigation fluid and half of the third. we needed to clear out my eye so we could finally see if i had scratched the cornea or not.
THANK GOD i didnt scratch my cornea (phewwww). so what was the damned problem that turned my eye BRIGHT RED AND PUFFY???

i had a small piece of pollen stuck in my eye from a GOD DAMNED BEE that was humming around me on the prarie walk. that little BITCH...
when i say small piece of pollen, i mean something that is barely visible by the human eye. when he took it out and showed it to me.. it took me a while to find it on his finger tips. thats how small it was. but that pollen caused an inflammotory response and since i kept scratching it .. it got worse and worse and worse.

thank god he's in med school (hehehehe) so he knew how to take that piece of pollen out without scratching my cornea or damaging my eye sight. i did bust couple of small vessels scratching soo much, but phew, its all healed by now. its been two days and my eye is still sore from the scratching and being popped open for irrigation and all the other trauma it went thru =(.

so think twice before you shoo off ure next bee!!!!

8 comments:

Aditi said...

uhh ok to the pet part
aww.. poor u for the pollen in eye part...
smart thinking for the irrigation part

i dont know y i am talking in parts
brain fried?
no that was a month ago.. hmm y is i talking in parts

delhidreams said...

don't know abt aditi, but i hope u will be ok by now...

Ash said...

OMG, how are you feeling now?

Kay Vee said...

anything happening to the eye is so scary man!
im scared of eye infections and the like...we take our vision for granted...at least i do!
:(

Kay Vee said...

ditto with computer problems! my pc wasnt working... my desperate life...sigh! i know how i spent 5 days without it!

Keshi said...

goshh Im scared of bees LOL!

I hope ur Eye is ok.

btw when u comment in my blog, r ya able to comment using this ID of ur's (smrtnhuggble). Cos chocolte ID doesnt bring me here :(

TC
Keshi.

Rani said...

@aditi: hmmm i dont know why ure talking in parts. i think the "brain fried" excuse is over used now.. hahahah
come up with a new one.

@adi: yes, im ok. thanks for the concern. hehehe yea, i dont know about aditi either.

@ash: im alot better... =) thanks.

@trinnie: it is very scary when anything happens to the eye. WE DO TAKE OUR VISION for granted. omg, i would be soo scared if i couldnt see... totally lostt!!!

it is sooo weird, how we cant live without internet now. only to think that 10 years ago, i didnt even use internet.

@keshi: i knowwww, the reason im soo scared of bees cause im not sure if im allergic.lol i feel like carrying an epi pen just INCASE. hehehee..
thanks, my eye is ok. sorry - chocolte is from my primary google account =( thats why i still use it. yes i can definitely use this ID to comment on ures... =).

Keshi said...

ty sweetie!

Keshi.