Monday, September 17, 2007

metamorphosis....

its a ritual.... everytime a quater ends, and another begins - i take all the notes from the classes in the previous quater --> organize them into lovely binders by class and date and etc --> file them away in my tall ass blookshelf and make room for the new quater.

well this year i was a little lazy... hehe cause its the 3rd week of the new quater and i just did it. as i organized everything i found all my old albums from highschool and undergraduate years. i obviously flipped through them and WHOA influx of crazyyy memories.

this post isnt about the memories -- its about how ive changed over the years.

i remember loving earings when i was little.. then i got out of it.. and now im back into it. i love earings.
i remember HATING make up when i was high school -- i never put on make up until i was in college.. and now i do it almost every day. although, i dont have the perfect skin i used to have back in the teen years. can u believe it i went thru the teen years without a single pimple. fascinating eh? although i do love eye make up..
i used to be a tom boy up until well 4-5 years ago. hehehe.. yea my first skirt was bought by my sister when i was 16 - i never wore it. i used to HATE IT. then well obviously, i started getting into it because well -- actually i dont know why? hmmmm interesting.. but whatever..
definitely as i grew up, no matter how tom boyish i was in my dressing style - i was still fascinated by purses and shoes...

never can u have enough of those two!!

always had these phases i went in and out off.. it wasnt that i changed what i liked. always liked that stuff -- its just that i changed what i liked WHEN i liked it. its not like it was defined by my environment cause ud think id be a girly girl attending a all girls private school in india.. hahaha - quite the opposite actually.

its my own little metamorphosis.. weird how u can tell the changes when u look through years of photographs... i mean i'll try scan some of me back in the days when i was 10, 15, 18, etc... so u guys can see the difference. i probably wont, lol -- it was a good idea, but im well frankly, dont have time between school, work and the non-existant life with all the extra projects added onto the "if u want to graduate, u must complete this" claus.

so i wanna know what kinda phases have u guys been in and out of? what phase are you in now? were u consistent or kinda like me growing up??

9 comments:

Aditi said...

hmm yeah there is that picture of u all dressed up for rakhi with banglse and earrings and then u just stopped being into all that and then here we are again...

abhartiya said...

change is the only thing that is constant in life!

hmm, your changes seem to be quite fascinating considering you liked something before, you didnt after a while and now again you like the same old things..

as for me, i guess i have only moved on..as in my likings have changed drastically..and i dont think i can ever like something which i prolly didnt like after a while..

u get me? good if u do :D

tc!

Rani said...

@aditi: hehehe... 'tis true, here we are again.

@wacko: very well said, it is inevitable for change to happen.
lol i am quite a fascinating person ;)!! i do understand u, there are many other things that i wouldnt go bak to doing...

Vik Rajagopalan said...

Well how about if I say I metamorphed from being a Chick magnet to what-I-am-right now - Single, what if I say from being an high intellectual person with tall aspirations and the will to do what I wanted over night to what-I-am-right now, what if I say from being a person who almost fell in love every other second seeing every other girl to what-I-am-right now, what if I say from being a person who just did not care where I was to what-I-am-right now, what if I say from being a person who all around me thought i was an embarrassment to nature to what-I-am-right now, what If I say from being a person whom many thought would be an outright failure in life to what-I-am-right now. what if I say from being a person who did not like much people around to what-I-am-right now - crave to have folks that matter around me.

Over the period of time life has taught me several important things and the values that tag along with that. I never understood that then but there sure was a metamorphosis over the time and I was lucky to be alive still to know the change and to gain the wisdom. Life is a funny bee-otch the more I live, the more grateful I am and I am loving it.

Rani said...

aww i wrote you this AWESOME comment back and my internet died and now it sucks.. cause it wont be as awesome as the original one. BOOO.
ok ok..im gonna try make it like the original one. here i go..
well vik - im glad you have morphed into whoever u are now. people will always have an opinion. many many said i'd be a failure BUT who cares what people think and those very people now come to me for an opinion on this and that -- its quite funny how annoying that is.

regardless, im glad you like that you have learned from ure experiences. i really value that in people, becaues im like that. if given a chance, i wouldn't go back and change almost anything, keep the good and the bad. =).

life is a funny bee-otch!!

Rani said...

oh and u were a PLAYA??? im glad ure not anymore.. =).

Keshi said...

cute post! :)

LOL Aditi!

I go thru phases of ON n OFF too. I used to love reading...and now I hate it. Dunno if I'd ever like it again. At one stage I was crazy abt finding love...now Im happy by myself.


Keshi.

Ash said...

I love this post. I can completely relate to it. I've had such on-off phases too.

And please do post photos (how about the one Aditi mentioned in the first comment!)

Rani said...

@keshi: thanks... ooo i dont think i was EVER crazy about reading..

@ash: thanks..hehe i'll try find the pictures, might take some time though.