Saturday, July 21, 2007

everything new and old




ok ok... so in the midst of being super busy, i completely forgot to tell you guys:


i recently colored and cut my hair...


so here's the MOI:

the first picture you can see my cut when its natural and curly. thats what the color looks like in the normal inside light. second picture.. you see my hair color in the SUN and well what my hair looks straight.

SO there i am and there's the old news.

so whats the "new" news: welllllllllllllllll the news is that i was asked to be a tutor for the second year class. now now... its not a "omg.. she's soo smart' issue. several of my peers have been tutors for classes before.

although, it is still a BIG thing for me. i remember being the "slow" child in my class in india. i remember needing a tutor, i remember finding things extremely difficult. so now when im on the other side - its different. hmmm may be im not DUMB. lol....

i only have my family to thank. =) they've always been there for me every step of the way. not only there for moral support but been there for me financially when i couldnt take more loans and i needed a new laptop or i wanted to go on a shopping spree. my brother and my dad bought me my new laptop.. my mom's there with the early morning coffee and comfort food. my sister ofcourse, even though she's in a different country - she's there to hear me bitch and whine. lol i wouldnt have gotten into school if she hadnt helped me write my acceptance essay (love ya).

WELL .. im proud to say that im a tutor now- i have not only earned A's and succeded in school, but i have earned enough trust and respect to teach someone else the subject too. lets just hope i do a good job. it would suck to let someone else down and have them get a bad grade because of me. OOPPSS!! (may be my procrasinating lazy - eh its only worth 10% , it doesnt matter attitude isnt that GREAT)

so what else?????? i have less than 310 days TILL GRADUATION!! omg, cant wait!! periodically i'll remind people ... can you imagine me finally done.

12 comments:

Aditi said...

hmmm well didnt u used to semi tutor or help study those kids that were in your class in undergrad?
i think u've totally got it under control

Kay Vee said...

hey all the best! :)
I'm sure u must be beaming a happy smile!

the hair color looks lovely. :)
i, personally, love auburn colored hair!

u kno wat, i think i too have less than a year to graduate! :D

Rani said...

@aditi: helping someone study is not same as tutoring. there i can just say "geeezz.. i was just trying to help, sorry u dont get it"
lol here.. i am kinda responsible
but thanks!! we'll see how much under control i have it when their grades come back

@trinnie: thanks, i like the reddish tones too. usually i go much darker, but i decided to do something different.
oooo yipee for the graduation!!

Keshi said...

Its HOTTING up in here! WOW u look gorgeous in both the pics. Some guy lost big time! :)

And all the best swt hrt!

HUGGGGGGGGGZ!
Keshi.

Varsha said...

Nice hair style!!

Tutor...yay! Good work

Nearing graduation...I can imagine how excited you must be....

Ash said...

Congratulations!!!

Thanks for sharing the pics - you look GORGEOUS!!!

Vik Rajagopalan said...

I really really have to say you should go easy with that "Educated" thorn-criterion now that you are a "Tutor" as well which would help needy people like me... [:)]

Oh seriously, you definitely have to pat yourself. That is a tremendous achievement in itself ain't it. But know something people who can think would really do well outside the Indian Sub Continent. It is the mad rat race which makes one orphaned at some point. It makes us think are people outside retarded or idiots, that they don't compete [:D] [:D]

So here you go.. A big hi-fi and a hug for a great achievement. You done good and will in the future. Not that I know you well, but atleast for the number of "A's" you seemed to have got, you can keep the kids in the class in awe until their exams...

Have a good one and you look cute and beautiful as well. So now STOP giggling and wipe that smile off your face !

Later gator.

Vik Rajagopalan said...

Oh BTW, the first picture is quite making me to compare you cheek balls with rosagulla LOL..u r a chubby girl eh. should be momma's pet..? hmm...later then.. good day!

Rani said...

@keshi: aww.. thanks!!! i know well i think of it as someone's potential GAIN ;) hehehe...

@varsha: thanks, i know i cant wait to graduate already

@ash: thanks much.. =)

@vik: hahaha... WELL whenever you do get to know me... u'll realize that i giggle alot and im one of those energetic people.

thanks, for the hi fi hug =) i totally hate indian people who are smart and are in classes with other smart people but think they are better.

thanks for the looking cute and beautiful. lol... with rosagullas? haha yes i am a chubby girl and i take pride in it. i dont like the skinny sticks. i like my men meaty too ;)!!
i am not momma's pet - my brother is!! but im a close second these days, but with my sister around i run in the 3rd position.

Vik Rajagopalan said...

Oh gurl, I do keep checking this space on what you wrote and all that.. Two time before lunch and a quatre(Four) times before I go to sleep [:D]

Oh yea did you say meaty man is your dream.. Man why is it that I keep fitting your bill of fantasy so much so often [:D]

How's you day then? Thanks for leaving a comment behind.

Vik Rajagopalan said...

Oh BTW, inspired your words, I updated the comment sections for the current week. LOL

Rani said...

Vik: hahaha.. well thanks for the anticipation of my comments. i do know what quatre means...
i dont know why u keep fitting my "bil of fantasy' - but perhaps you think 'URE FITTING IT' but not really
hahahahaha.... (j/k)
thanks for your input back on the comments.